DAS Supports Business Applications, Expediting Delivery of Care
Distributed antenna systems (DAS) make it possible for hospitals and healthcare facilities to have reliable access to wireless communications, enabling physicians and staff to be more efficient and effective in their healthcare settings. Below are a few examples of how hospitals and facilities are using DAS to enable improved quality of care.
- Cell phone service for communications among patients, physicians, and medical and operations staff
- Wireless data services for email and text messaging, which are often used to receive alerts (i.e., notification of diagnostic imaging or lab exams)
- Wireless medical telemetry services for patient monitoring
- Location-based services for tracking and equipment management
- Push-to-talk (PTT) or other applications providing always-on radio communications for staff coordination during daily operations and in the event of emergencies